What is WhatsApp Business?
WhatsApp Business is a free application for Android so that small and medium businesses can communicate with their customers.
WhatsApp had been thinking for many months about developing a sister application but aimed at connecting companies and customers. WhatsApp Business was born from this idea , an application almost identical to WhatsApp, but which includes tools that will make communication between customers and companies much faster, smoother and easier.
How does WhatsApp Business work?
The most important thing about WhatsApp Business is that the client should not do anything at all. The instant messaging application has developed a new application identical to WhatsApp in terms of format and vision, which companies must download and create their profile in it. The application can be used from the mobile, WhatsApp WEB and even from landline. Everything is designed to provide maximum user utility.
For its part, customers who want to contact a company or business should not download WhatsApp Business. Simply register the company’s phone number on your device to start talking to her.
First steps to use WhatsApp Business
To start using the messaging application in your company, the first thing you have to do is download it to the phone you are going to use .
Once installed, it is only necessary to enter the phone number for WhatsApp to verify it.
When you validate your account you will grant us a verification badge (like the blue circle that appears on the official Twitter accounts), which will help our users to identify that we are the real company and not an impostor with nothing better to do.
As we have said, the appearance of this application is similar to the traditional WhatsApp . The differences are found in the settings of the same, specifically when we enter the tab called “Company Settings“. Here you can edit your profile:
- You can include the address of your company and visualize it on a map.
- Enter the address of your web page.
- Write the contact email.
- Describe briefly what the company or business is dedicated to and what its objectives are.
- Includes business hours.
Configure automated answers in WhatsApp Business
The next thing you can do is set up a series of automated responses for times when you’re not absent or busy and you can not answer WhatsApp sent by customers. Or to save time in those answers that are repeated a thousand times a day. WhatsApp Business gives the possibility of programming three types of automated responses:
- Welcome messages : First of all we can create a welcome message . That is, we will have a standardized message that will be sent automatically every time a client speaks to us for the first time or when more than 14 days have passed since the last time we had contact with him . This welcome message can have up to 200 characters and we can animate it by adding emojis. It will depend on the degree of seriousness or distension that we want to put on our communications.
- Absence message : We also have the possibility of creating messages , of up to 200 characters, so that they are sent automatically when we are not available and a client contacts us . You will be able to select the time in which you want these messages to be sent and not worry about your mobile. Of course, you have to keep in mind that these messages will only be sent if you have Internet or Wi-Fi connection , so you should be aware that your phone has a connection.
- Quick answers : Quick answers are like keyboard shortcuts. Its operation is very simple: you only have to record in your phone the phrases that you want to fix and they will be filled automatically when you write a word or some of the initial characters of the phrase in question.
How to create statistics in WhatsApp Business?
WhatsApp Business will also be analyzing the data of our account, although this function is still quite basic. At the moment we can only see how many messages we have sent, received, read and delivered . But surely in the future many more factors are included in this function.
Mark your WhatsApp Business conversations with labels
Another option that we will have is to classify the conversations by labels or categories , so it will be much easier to identify them. To include a WhatsApp Business tag you should follow these steps:
- Press and hold the chat in which you want to include the tag.
- At the top of the chat several icons will appear.
- Click on the arrow icon.
- Choose one of the labels that appear by default or create a new one according to your needs.
Choose how you want to use your WhatsApp Business
Most companies have seen in WhatsApp Business the ideal opportunity to maintain direct and fluid communication with their customers, but there are many ways to make this application useful. Some airlines, for example, are studying their implementation to use it to send notices, notifications or make important announcements.
The possibilities are endless . Now you must decide where you are going to focus.