Since its birth about six years ago, WhatsApp has been growing to have more than 1,000 million users and is one of our most common apps in many cases. Since then it has also evolved with its particular rhythm adding more features, but we do not always know how to use them or even that it exists, and here we have gathered 10 WhatsApp Tricks that gather many of them.
There are functions that are more accessible and others that are not so intuitive or that we configure outside the app itself. Do you want to send messages from the voice assistant without touching your mobile? Know who has read your message in the group? We explain how to do these and other things in WhatsApp.
10 Simple WhatsApp Tricks
- A popcorn : indicates that the message you just sent has entered the servers of WhatsApp, but has not yet been received by the recipient, either because the recipient’s phone is out of coverage, turned off or the courier company has some problem with their servers.
- Double popcorn : we have always thought that the double check indicated that the message had been read by the recipient, but in reality it is not like that. The double check indicates that WhatsApp has sent the text message to its recipient.
- Block a contact : You click on the contact you want to block, once in chat you click again on the left button of your Smartphone (menu button) and select “more” and then “block contact”.
- Hide last Seen : For this you will have to have updated version of WhatsApp since it can only be modified from version 2.11.186. You can hide last seen part of the information and filter it. Simply click on the menu button and select Settings > Account Info > Privacy and in the screen that appears we can modify the Last Seen of WhatsApp, it will be enough to select who you want to see it (all, my contacts or nobody).
- Create a group conversation : As you enter WhatsApp you click on the menu button and select “new group” you give a name to the group and then click “Next” on the top right of your mobile and Start adding contacts to the group, it’s that simple.
- Change the size of the WhatsApp font : If for any reason we want the characters to appear larger or smaller, we can easily resize the options. You have to click on the three vertical points at the top right to open the settings, then enter “Chats” and “Font Size”. There we are free to choose what we want next.
- Icons : You do not have to limit yourself to the icons that come to you by default in the application, you can go to the application store of your phone and you will have endless icons to choose from.
- WhatsApp already has more than 500 million users worldwide who use this instant messaging service frequently. They share more than 700 million photos and more than 100 million videos every day, without a doubt they are figures of infarction.
- How to use WhatsApp without Internet : I regret to inform you that this is impossible. If you do not have access to the Internet, unfortunately you will have to resort to the beloved and forgotten sms to send your messages. There is no miraculous recipe. Avoid falling into the trap of those who promise this function.
- How to use WhatsApp in the car : You probably do not want to read it but I want to remind you that sending / reading messages while driving is a bad idea and I recommend you do not do it. If you really need to send a message urgently, I advise you to opt for the simplest solution: the voice interface. Google Now will send a message perfectly to any of our WhatsApp contacts if we ask.